If you want to earn a Michelin Star for serving the best pizza around and if your focus is providing the highest quality and finest tasting pizza, then a Wood Fired Pizza Oven is the right equipment to use. If you want numbers, want to serve a battalion per day, and are looking for an easy to maintain Pizza Oven, then choose the Commercial Electric Pizza Oven.
That is the basic difference between the two pizza ovens. However, if you take the technicalities, taste, cooking time, price and other science into consideration, electric oven and wood fire pizza oven vastly differs.
In the blog, we will see the difference between the two and learn which one is preferred by top restaurants and pizzerias.
Why Most Top Restaurants Choose Commercial Wood Fired Pizza Ovens
Many prefer commercial wood fired pizza oven for consistency, taste, and ambiance. Wood Fired Pizza Ovens, especially the brick or concrete ones are growing in demand. They add character and charm to a restaurant, not to mention taste and texture.
While commercial electric ovens are handy, smart, quick to maintain, and quicker to monitor, wood fire ovens overshadow one important factor that makes pizza worth eating – amazing, finger-licking taste.
Nothing can beat the authentic flavors that wood-fire baked pizzas give.
Here are some of the benefits of commercial woodfire pizza ovens:
- The cooking method is relevant and consistent in wood fire ovens. These ovens offer homogenous cooking, which fastens the time to cook and makes it efficient.
- Woodfire oven’s pizzas are extremely soft from inside and crunchy on the outside.
- The bright flame of the wood gilds the pizza perfectly and gives leopard marks from the outside, providing the authentic taste that even the modern electric ovens fails to deliver.
- It is perfect for restaurants that solely sell pizza variants on their menu.
- The pizzas are cooked faster and evenly.
- Different woods can be used to provide different smells and tastes.
- Woodfire pizza ovens can be built and customized to suit ambiance – it can be added as a centerpiece or a decorative live kitchen counter.
- The fire can be distributed in three ways – heat from coal, refraction of flame, and thermal re-distribution.
While these were the pluses, there are minuses too, such as too much smoke can char the pizza, no temperature control can experience burn days and not a great option for amateur chefs.
Differences between Wood Fire and Electric Pizza Ovens
That being said, let’s read the common and key differences between electric pizza oven and wood fired pizza oven:
- Sometimes, Woodfire ovens are less pricey, while electric pizza ovens can be a tad bit expensive because of the technicality involved in manufacturing.
- Woodfire ovens add aesthetic appeal to the restaurant. Electric pizza ovens don’t.
- Electric pizza ovens can be easily ported from one place to another. Woodfire ovens are built to fit a space. They cannot be moved.
- Electric pizza ovens can cook food uniformly, providing similar taste every time. Woodfire pizza ovens may not cook the food uniformly unless you shift the pizza in due time. Also, since they elude a different taste every time, they are perfect for specialized crusts and flavors.
- Electric pizza ovens are easy to maintain, while wood fire ovens are hard to maintain due to charcoal and soot deposits.
- Electric ovens are perfect for hyper-active restaurants and for commercial manufacturing. Woodfire ovens are good for small restaurants, traditional food joints, and for home use.
- Woodfire pizza ovens require more labor and training, where electric pizza ovens require less instruction as they are automatic.
- Woodfire pizza ovens are a thousand times better in taste as the pizzas retain all the original flavors perfectly. The dishes don’t taste like mass-produced pizzas, unlike electric ovens.
If you want to take pride in preparing your pizzas fresh, authentic, and appetizing, buy the one that is powered by a Wood Fire.